Do you want an attorney on your side who has been recognized as one of Dallas/Fort Worth's best lawyers? Rachel Montes will ensure that you will not stand alone in your legal battle. The best legal counsel and affordable help is just one phone call away.
"We have a well-earned reputation for building strong cases and taking them all the way through jury trial when necessary."
As a veteran Dallas attorney, Rachel Montes has one goal in mind when she begins serving a new client: to level the playing field. This approach to dealing with negligent individuals and big businesses has earned her the respect of her peers and the gratitude of people and families that have suffered injuries or loss at the hands of others. She has had the privilege of representing many families who have lost loved ones or suffered life-changing injuries, and she has enjoyed a successful history of fighting for people victimized by trucking negligence, hazing, insurance bad faith claims, defective products, wrongful death, and workplace negligence.
"Trial lawyers are the voice for those who otherwise would not be heard. I'm proud to be in a profession that helps hard-working people stand up to the corporate and insurance giants who use fear and intimidation as their front line weapons of defense. I consider a successful case one that combines fair compensation with policy and procedural changes that create permanent safety upgrades that benefit everyone."
She has earned a reputation as a relentless, no non-sense lawyer who combines modern legal strategies with an old-school approach that truly does put her clients on a level playing field. She has earned the respect and trust of other lawyers who have referred clients, friends, and family members to her for representation.
She began her legal career after accepting a coveted position with one of Texas' largest personal injury law firms. Client success, along with a highly competitive personal drive, led her to open her own law firm in 1998.
Since that time, she has had settlements and verdicts representing millions of dollars for her clients. She is the 2006 president of the Dallas Women Lawyers Association and sits on the board of that organization today. Additionally, she is on the board of directors of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, a dedicated group that is focused on opening the courthouse to any aggrieved person and ensuring that people have justice in the face of powerful big-money insurance companies and their wielded power. She sits on the board of directors for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and most recently was nominated for a coveted position on the Texas Trial Lawyers Advocates Board. She is an active member of the American Association for Justice and the Christian Lawyers Association.
She was recently voted one of Dallas’ “Best Lawyers Under 40,” which recognized her for her tireless work for injured victims and their families.
Areas of Practice
- Texas, 1998
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, 1997
- Law Review: Texas Wesleyan University Law Review
- Women Trial Lawyers, TTLA Mid-Year Convention, 2008
- Proving up Medical Bills and Records, TTLA Year End Meeting and Seminar, 2008
- Summary Judgment Practice, TTLA Personal Injury Seminar, 2004
Honors and Awards
- "Best Lawyer Under 40 in Dallas," D Magazine, 2006
- "Texas Super Lawyer," 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1994 - Present
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 1998 - Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2000 - Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Member, 2003 - Present
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2004 - Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2004 - Present
- TTLA Advocates, Board of Directors, 2008 - Present
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- Dallas Democratic Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2008 - Present
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2004 - 2007
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association, President, 2006 - 2007
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Board of Directors, 2001 - 2004
Past Employment Positions
- Montes & Associates, Owner, 1999 - 2007
- Ferrer & Assoc., Associate, 1998 - 1999
On Saturday morning, September 11th, a 56-year old man driving a Buick LeSabre crashed his vehicle into a police squad car on E. Northwest Highway. According to reports provided by police, the driver of the LeSabre “failed to control his speed and impacted into the back rear of the squad car”, which subsequently pushed the…
The winter storm which rocked Texas in the early months of 2021 left a wake of destruction and, unfortunately, death. Following the devastating power outages across the state, many vulnerable individuals were left in precarious predicaments. Unfortunately, loss of life occurred. Some Texas residents have decided to use the legal system to demand justice for…
Labor Day is tomorrow, and many Americans across the country are settling in for a day of rest and quality time with loved ones and friends. While it’s easy to get swept up in the appeal of a rare “free Monday” away from work, it’s also very worthwhile to take a moment to understand just…
The Dallas Morning News is reporting that a single-vehicle crash in Grand Prairie late Friday resulted in the death of one 17-year old passenger. According to the information provided, the accident occurred when the driver of the vehicle collided with a guard rail near State Highway 161. Four additional individuals were in the vehicle, all…
In an effort to help spread awareness about the dangers of drunk driving, the Texas Department of Transportation has released a new “Faces of Drunk Driving” campaign. According to an official from TxDOT, the campaign is primarily designed to put “real faces” behind drunk driving statistics and help people realize that the dangers posed intoxicated…
We all know that drunk driving is a serious problem. No one doubts the danger that drunk drivers pose to other drivers and pedestrians in cities and communities across the country. The truth is, however, that drunk driving is a far more serious problem than any of us can possible imagine. In fact, on a…