Do you want an attorney on your side who has been recognized as one of Dallas/Fort Worth's best lawyers? Rachel Montes will ensure that you will not stand alone in your legal battle. The best legal counsel and affordable help is just one phone call away.
"We have a well-earned reputation for building strong cases and taking them all the way through jury trial when necessary."
As a veteran Dallas attorney, Rachel Montes has one goal in mind when she begins serving a new client: to level the playing field. This approach to dealing with negligent individuals and big businesses has earned her the respect of her peers and the gratitude of people and families that have suffered injuries or loss at the hands of others. She has had the privilege of representing many families who have lost loved ones or suffered life-changing injuries, and she has enjoyed a successful history of fighting for people victimized by trucking negligence, hazing, insurance bad faith claims, defective products, wrongful death, and workplace negligence.
"Trial lawyers are the voice for those who otherwise would not be heard. I'm proud to be in a profession that helps hard-working people stand up to the corporate and insurance giants who use fear and intimidation as their front line weapons of defense. I consider a successful case one that combines fair compensation with policy and procedural changes that create permanent safety upgrades that benefit everyone."
She has earned a reputation as a relentless, no non-sense lawyer who combines modern legal strategies with an old-school approach that truly does put her clients on a level playing field. She has earned the respect and trust of other lawyers who have referred clients, friends, and family members to her for representation.
She began her legal career after accepting a coveted position with one of Texas' largest personal injury law firms. Client success, along with a highly competitive personal drive, led her to open her own law firm in 1998.
Since that time, she has had settlements and verdicts representing millions of dollars for her clients. She is the 2006 president of the Dallas Women Lawyers Association and sits on the board of that organization today. Additionally, she is on the board of directors of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, a dedicated group that is focused on opening the courthouse to any aggrieved person and ensuring that people have justice in the face of powerful big-money insurance companies and their wielded power. She sits on the board of directors for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and most recently was nominated for a coveted position on the Texas Trial Lawyers Advocates Board. She is an active member of the American Association for Justice and the Christian Lawyers Association.
She was recently voted one of Dallas’ “Best Lawyers Under 40,” which recognized her for her tireless work for injured victims and their families.
Areas of Practice
- Texas, 1998
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, 1997
- Law Review: Texas Wesleyan University Law Review
- Women Trial Lawyers, TTLA Mid-Year Convention, 2008
- Proving up Medical Bills and Records, TTLA Year End Meeting and Seminar, 2008
- Summary Judgment Practice, TTLA Personal Injury Seminar, 2004
Honors and Awards
- "Best Lawyer Under 40 in Dallas," D Magazine, 2006
- "Texas Super Lawyer," 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1994 - Present
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 1998 - Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2000 - Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Member, 2003 - Present
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2004 - Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2004 - Present
- TTLA Advocates, Board of Directors, 2008 - Present
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- Dallas Democratic Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2008 - Present
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2004 - 2007
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association, President, 2006 - 2007
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Board of Directors, 2001 - 2004
Past Employment Positions
- Montes & Associates, Owner, 1999 - 2007
- Ferrer & Assoc., Associate, 1998 - 1999
The number of contractors and Hispanic workers who died on the job increased in 2013 even as the overall tally of worker deaths declined, according to preliminary data released Thursday by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In all, 4,405 workers died from injuries sustained on the job last year — 223 fewer than the…
The Dallas Morning News uncovered some surprising and troubling statistics concerning deaths in the workplace in Texas. After conducting a statistical review of workplace deaths, Texas was the deadliest state for construction workers, experiencing 4,593 deaths, which is 579 more deaths than researches expected to find. This is in stark contrast to the state of…
I am a board certified personal injury specialist. I have devoted my entire legal career to representing individuals and families who have suffered a tragic loss, either a life-changing injury or the death of a loved one, because of the negligence of someone else. After trying numerous cases in front of juries and judges,…
We at Montes Law Group, PC are trial lawyers. We hold 3 Board Certifications between us, which means all of our attorneys have tried numerous cases to a jury, passed a rigorous test, and received the praise of fellow colleagues and judges we have practiced in front of. A deposition is the best way to…
A Houston police officer handed another man a speeding ticket and probably didn’t realize that the offender he was citing was also a cop. What this ticket-receiving officer noticed on his paper slip though has led to a department-wide investigation. “I immediately [knew] that something’s hinky with the ticket,” the man KHOU-TV only identified as Jerry said.…
WHY POLICE DEPARTMENTS AND THEIR OFFICERS SHOULD BE ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE WHEN POWER IS ABUSED We look to our police officers for safety, security and community. We tell our children to “look for a police officer” if they are lost. We donate to help the families of officers killed in the line of duty. We…