A veteran Dallas trial attorney at the Montes Law Group, Rachel Montes has one goal in mind when she begins work for a new client – to level the playing field. This approach to dealing with negligent individuals and big business has earned her the respect of her peers and the gratitude of people and their families that have suffered injuries or loss at the hands of others. She has had the privilege of representing many families who have lost loved ones or suffered life-changing injuries, and she has enjoyed a successful history of fighting for people victimized by trucking negligence, fraternity hazing, insurance bad faith claims, defective products, wrongful death, and workplace negligence.
“Trial lawyers are the voice for those who otherwise would not be heard. I’m proud to be in a profession that helps hard-working people stand up to the corporate and insurance giants who use fear and intimidation as their front line weapons of defense. I consider a successful case one that combines fair compensation with policy and procedural changes that create permanent safety upgrades that benefit everyone.”
Ms. Montes has earned a reputation as a relentless, no non-sense attorney who combines modern legal strategies with an old-school approach that truly does put her client on a level playing field. She has earned the respect and trust of other lawyers who have referred clients, friends, and family to her for representation.
Ms. Montes began her legal career after accepting a coveted position with one of Texas’ largest personal injury law firms. Client success, along with a highly competitive personal drive led her to open her own law firm in 1998.
Since that time, Ms. Montes has had settlements and verdicts representing millions of dollars for her clients. Ms. Montes is the 2006 president of the Dallas Women Lawyers Association and sits on the board of that organization today. Additionally, she is on the board of directors of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, a group that is dedicated to opening the courthouse to any aggrieved person and ensuring that people have justice in the face of powerful big-money insurance companies and their wielded power. She sits on the board of directors for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and was most recently nominated for a coveted position on the Texas Trial Lawyers Advocates Board. She is a member of, and active in, both the American Association for Justice and the Christian Lawyers Association.
Ms. Montes was recently voted one of Dallas’ “Best Lawyers Under 40,” recognizing her for her tireless work to help injured victims and their families.
Areas of Practice
- Texas, 1998
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award (1997)
- Law Review: Texas Wesleyan University Law Review
- Women Trial Lawyers, TTLA Mid-Year Convention, 2008
- Proving up Medical Bills and Records, TTLA Year End Meeting and Seminar, 2008
- Summary Judgment Practice, TTLA Personal Injury Seminar, 2004
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyer Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine, 2006
- Voted Texas Super Lawyer, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1994 – Present
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 1998 – Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2000 – Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, 2001 – Present
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Member, 2003 – Present
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2004 – Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2004 – Present
- TTLA Advocates, Board of Directors, 2008 – Present
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- Dallas Democratic Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2008 – Present
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2004 – 2007
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association, President, 2006 – 2007
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Board of Directors, 2001 – 2004
Past Employment Positions
- Montes & Associates, Owner, 1999 – 2007
- Ferrer & Assoc., Associate, 1998 – 1999